Referenties B12 bij de behandeling van neuroapthie
- Xu Q1, Pan J, Yu J, Liu X, Liu L, Zuo X, Wu P, Deng H, Zhang J, Ji A. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2013 Aug;101(2):99-105. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2013.03.033. Meta-analysis of methylcobalamin alone and in combination with lipoic acid in patients with diabetic peripheral neuropathy
The results of the meta-analysis show that treatment with LA-MC for 2-4 weeks is associated with better outcomes in NCV and neuropathic symptoms relative to MC treatment. [Abstract]
Referenties chroom bij de behandeling van neuroapthie
- The effects of inorganic chromium and brewer's yeast supplementation on glucose tolerance, serum lipids and drug dosage in individuals with type 2 diabetes, Bahijiri SM, Mira SA, Mufti AM, Ajabnoor MA, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Chromium: The Missing Mineral, by Thomas H. Maugh II, Los Angeles Times, October 20, 1992
- Chromium May Reduce Risk of Diabetes, NEW YORK (BW HealthWire), June 27, 1997
- Chromium picolinate increases membrane fluidity and rate of insulin internalization, Evans GW, Bowman TD, Department of Chemistry, Bemidji State University, MN 56601-269
- Chromium (III)-ion enhances the utilization of glucose in type-2 diabetes mellitus, Keszthelyi Z, Past T, Koltai K, Szabo L, Mozsik G, Pecsi Tudomanyegyetem, Altalanos Orvostudomanyi Kar, I. Belgyogyaszati Klinika, Pecs. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nutritional factors influencing the glucose/insulin system: chromium, Anderson RA, Nutrient Requirements and Functions Laboratory, United States Department of Agriculture, Beltsville, Maryland 20705-2350, USA
- Antioxidant effects of chromium supplementation with type 2 diabetes mellitus and euglycemic subjects, Cheng HH, Lai MH, Hou WC, Huang CL, School of Nutrition and Health Sciences, Taipei Medical University, Taipei 110, Taiwan. email@example.com
- Chromium and insulin resistance, Kleefstra N, Bilo HJ, Bakker SJ, Houweling ST, Isala Klinieken, locatie Weezenlanden, afd. Interne Geneeskunde, Postbus 10.500, 8000 GM Zwolle, firstname.lastname@example.org
- A scientific review: the role of chromium in insulin resistance, PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE
Referenties alfa liponzuur bij de behandeling van neuropathie
- Alpha-lipoic acid (alfa liponzuur): a multifunctional antioxidant that improves insulin sensitivity in patients with type 2 diabetes, Evans JL, Goldfine ID, Medical Research Institute, San Bruno, California 94066, USA. email@example.com
- The sensory symptoms of diabetic polyneuropathy are improved with Alpha-lipoic acid (alfa liponzuur): the SYDNEY trial, Ametov AS, Barinov A, Dyck PJ, Hermann R, Kozlova N, Litchy WJ, Low PA, Nehrdich D, Novosadova M, O'Brien PC, Reljanovic M, Samigullin R, Schuette K, Strokov I, Tritschler HJ, Wessel K, Yakhno N, Ziegler D; SYDNEY Trial Study Group, Russian Medical Academy for Advanced Studies, Moscow, Russia
- The function of endogenous protective systems in patients with insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus and polyneuropathy: effect of antioxidant therapyStrokov IA, Manukhina EB, Bakhtina LY, Malyshev IY, Zoloev GK, Kazikhanova SI, Ametov AS, Department of Endocrinology and Diabetology, Russian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Moscow
- In vivo effect of lipoic acid on lipid peroxidation in patients with diabetic neuropathy, Androne L, Gavan NA, Veresiu IA, Orasan R, Diabetes Center & Clinic, Cluj Napoca
- Alpha-lipoic acid (alfa liponzuur) in the treatment of diabetic polyneuropathy in Germany: current evidence from clinical trials, Ziegler D, Reljanovic M, Mehnert H, Gries FA, Diabetes-Forschungsinstitut an der Heinrich-Heine-Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Effect of Alpha-lipoic acid (alfa liponzuur) on the peripheral conversion of thyroxine to triiodothyronine and on serum lipid-, protein- and glucose levels, Segermann J, Hotze A, Ulrich H, Rao GS, Institute of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Bonn, Fed. Rep. of Germany.
Referenties alfa liponzuur bij de behandeling van neuropathie
- Alpha-lipoic acid (alfa liponzuur) in the treatment of diabetic peripheral and cardiac autonomic neuropathy, Ziegler D, Gries FA, Diabetes Research Institute at the Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
- Treatment of diabetic polyneuropathy with the antioxidant thioctic acid (alpha-lipoic acid, alfa liponzuur): a two year multicenter randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial (ALADIN II). Alpha lipoic acid (alfa liponzuur) in Diabetic Neuropathy, Reljanovic M, Reichel G, Rett K, Lobisch M, Schuette K, Moller W, Tritschler HJ, Mehnert H, University of Clinic for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases Vuk Vrhovac, Medical faculty, University of Zagreb, Coratia
- Effects of Alpha-lipoic acid (alfa liponzuur) on microcirculation in patients with peripheral diabetic neuropathy, Haak E, Usadel KH, Kusterer K, Amini P, Frommeyer R, Tritschler HJ, Haak T, Medical Department I, Center of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Frankfurt, Germany. E.Haak@em.uni-frankfurt.de
- .Effects of 3-week oral treatment with the antioxidant thioctic acid (alpha-lipoic acid, alfa liponzuur) in symptomatic diabetic polyneuropathy, Ruhnau KJ, Meissner HP, Finn JR, Reljanovic M, Lobisch M, Schutte K, Nehrdich D, Tritschler HJ, Mehnert H, Ziegler D, Deutsches Diabetes-Forschungsinstitut an der Heinrich-Heine-Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
Referenties Vitamine E bij de behandeling van neuropathie
- Chronic administration of pharmacologic doses of vitamin E improves the cardiac autonomic nervous system in patients with type 2 diabetes, Manzella D, Barbieri M, Ragno E, Paolisso G, Department of Geriatric Medicine and Metabolic Diseases, Second University of Naples, Italy
- Supplemental therapy in isolated vitamin E deficiency improves the peripheral neuropathy and prevents the progression of ataxia, Martinello F, Fardin P, Ottina M, Ricchieri GL, Koenig M, Cavalier L, Trevisan CP, Department of Neurological and Psychiatric Sciences, University of Padua, Italy.
- A pilot study on the relation between cisplatin neuropathy and vitamin E, Bove L, Picardo M, Maresca V, Jandolo B, Pace A, Service of Neurology, Regina Elena National Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy.
- Effect of alpha-tocopherol deficiency on indices of oxidative stress in normal and diabetic peripheral nerve, Nickander KK, Schmelzer JD, Rohwer DA, Low PA, Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905.
Referenties carnitine bij de behandeling van neuropathie
- Acetyl-L-carnitine improves pain, nerve regeneration, and vibratory perception in patients with chronic diabetic neuropathy: an analysis of two randomized placebo-controlled trials
These studies demonstrate that ALC treatment is efficacious in alleviating symptoms, particularly pain, and improves nerve fiber regeneration and vibration perception in patients with established diabetic neuropathy.
- Acetyl-L-carnitine (levacecarnine) in the treatment of diabetic neuropathy. A long-term, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study.
LAC was effective and well tolerated in improving neurophysiological parameters and in reducing pain over a 1-year period. LAC is, therefore, a promising treatment option in patients with diabetic neuropathy.
- Polyol pathway hyperactivity is closely related to carnitine deficiency in the pathogenesis of diabetic neuropathy of streptozotocin-diabetic rats, Nakamura J, Koh N, Sakakibara F, Hamada Y, Hara T, Sasaki H, Chaya S, Komori T, Nakashima E, Naruse K, Kato K, Takeuchi N, Kasuya Y, Hotta N, The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
- Primary preventive and secondary interventionary effects of acetyl-L-carnitine on diabetic neuropathy in the bio-breeding Worcester rat, Sima AA, Ristic H, Merry A, Kamijo M, Lattimer SA, Stevens MJ, Greene DA, Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
- Neural dysfunction and metabolic imbalances in diabetic rats. Prevention by acetyl-L-carnitine, Ido Y, McHowat J, Chang KC, Arrigoni-Martelli E, Orfalian Z, Kilo C, Corr PB, Williamson JR, Department of Pathology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110
- Altered neuroexcitability in experimental diabetic neuropathy: effect of acetyl-L-carnitine, Malone JI, Lowitt S, Corsico N, Orfalian Z, University of South Florida, Tampa.
- The carnitine system and body composition, Reda E, D'Iddio S, Nicolai R, Benatti P, Calvani M, Scientific Department, Sigma Tau S p A, Via Pontina km 30.400, I-00040, Pomezia, Rome, Italy.
- Heart Failure, The frequent, forgotten, and often fatal complication of diabetes, David S.H. Bell, MB, FACE, From the Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama
Referenties carnosine bij de behandeling van neuropathie
- Advanced glycation end products and diabetic complications, Stitt AW, Jenkins AJ, Cooper ME, Dept of Ophthalmology, Royal Victoria Hospital, Queen's University of Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- Advanced glycosylation end products and chronic complications of diabetes mellitus, Mendez JD, Unidad de Investigacion Medica en Enfermedades Metabolicas, 4o. Piso. Hospital de Especialidades, Centro Medico Nacional SXXI, IMSS.
- Formation of advanced glycosylation end products and oxidative stress in young patients with type 1 diabetes, Tsukahara H, Sekine K, Uchiyama M, Kawakami H, Hata I, Todoroki Y, Hiraoka M, Kaji M, Yorifuji T, Momoi T, Yoshihara K, Beppu M, Mayumi M, Department of Pediatrics, Fukui Medical University, Fukui 910-1193, Japan; email@example.com
- Improvement in quality of diabetes control and concentrations of AGE-products in patients with type 1 and insulin-treated type 2 diabetes mellitus studied over a period of 10 years (JEVIN), Schiel R, Franke S, Appel T, Voigt U, Ross IS, Kientsch-Engel R, Stein G, Muller UA, Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Jena Medical School, Jena, Germany. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pluripotent protective effects of carnosine, a naturally occurring dipeptide, Hipkiss AR, Preston JE, Himsworth DT, Worthington VC, Keown M, Michaelis J, Lawrence J, Mateen A, Allende L, Eagles PA, Abbott NJ, Molecular Biology and Biophysics Group, King's College London, Strand, United Kingdom. email@example.com
- Carnosine, a protective, anti-ageing peptide?, Hipkiss AR, Molecular Biology and Biophysics Group, King's College London, Strand, UK.
- Carnosine protects proteins against methylglyoxal-mediated modifications, Hipkiss AR, Chana H, Molecular Biology and Biophysics Group, King's College London, United Kingdom. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scientific Abstracts: Comprehensive Nutrient Review: Carnosine Overview
Referenties Ginko Biloba bij de behandeling van neuropathie
- The evaluation by video capillaroscopy of the efficacy of a Ginkgo biloba extract with L-arginine and magnesium in the treatment of trophic lesions in patients with stage-IV chronic obliterating arteriopathy, Pepe C, Rozza A, Veronesi G, Servizio di Chirurgia Vascolare, Casa di Cura Privata Polispecialistica, Villa Verde, Reggio Emil
- Effects of Ginkgo biloba extract on number and activity of endothelial progenitor cells from peripheral blood, Chen J, Wang X, Zhu J, Shang Y, Guo X, Sun J, Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Medical School of Zheijiang University, Zheijiang Province, P.R. China.
- Efficacy, safety, and use of ginkgo biloba in clinical and preclinical applications, McKenna DJ, Jones K, Hughes K, Institute for Natural Products Research, St. Croix, Minn., USA
- GINKGO BILOBA, overview scientific abstracts
Referenties PTX bij de behandeling van neuropathie
- Antiplatelet effect of pentoxifylline in human whole blood, McKenna DJ, Jones K, Hughes K, Institute for Natural Products Research, St. Croix, Minn., USA
- Peripheral arterial disease. A systemic disease extending beyond the affected extremity, Federman DG, Bravata DM, Kirsner RS, Primary Care, VA Connecticut Health Care System, West Haven CT, USA
- Management of peripheral arterial disease, Gey DC, Lesho EP, Manngold J, U.S. Army Medical Department Activity, Heidelberg, Germany. email@example.com
- The effect of pentoxifylline and nicergoline on the systemic and cerebral hemodynamics and on the blood rheological properties in patients with an ischemic stroke and atherosclerotic lesions of the major cerebral arteries, Gara II.
- Effect of anti-platelet therapy (aspirin + pentoxiphylline) on plasma lipids in patients of ischaemic stroke, Gaur SP, Garg RK, Kar AM, Srimal RC, Department of Pharmacology and Clinical & Experimental Medicine Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow.
Referenties amitriptyline bij de behandeling van neuropathie
- Amitriptyline relieves diabetic neuropathy pain in patients with normal or depressed mood
In a randomized, double-blind crossover study, 29 patients with painful diabetic neuropathy received 6 weeks of amitriptyline and 6 weeks of an "active" placebo that mimicked amitriptyline side effects. Amitriptyline was superior to placebo in relieving pain in weeks 3 through 6. Both steady, burning pain and lancinating pains were relieved. Patients able to tolerate higher amitriptyline doses reported greater relief, through the maximum dose of 150 mg nightly. Amitriptyline analgesia was similar in depressed and nondepressed subgroups and was not associated with mood improvement. We conclude that amitriptyline relieves pain in diabetic neuropathy; this effect is independent of mood elevation
- Effects of desipramine, amitriptyline, and fluoxetine on pain in diabetic neuropathy
Desipramine relieves pain caused by diabetic neuropathy with efficacy similar to that of amitriptyline, offering an alternative for patients unable to tolerate the latter. Blockade of norepinephrine reuptake is likely to mediate the analgesic effect of these antidepressant drugs in diabetic neuropathy. Fluoxetine, which blocks serotonin uptake, is no more effective than placebo for the relief of pain.
- Amitriptyline. A review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic use in chronic pain states
In summary, amitriptyline has a valuable place in the treatment of chronic pain conditions that affect the elderly provided that the drug is used judiciously to minimise adverse effects. Importantly, amitriptyline remains the best studied of the antidepressant agents in post-herpetic neuralgia and diabetic neuropathy and is an important and effective treatment option in these syndromes.
Referenties captopril bij de behandeling van neuropathie
- Prevention of type II diabetes by inhibiting the renin-angiotensin system, Scheen AJ, Universite de Liege, Service de Diabetologie, Nutrition et Maladies metaboliques, Departement de Medecine
- Antihypertensive treatment of patients with diabetes and hypertension, Julius S, Majahalme S, Palatini P, Division of Hypertension, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109-0356, USA. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Selective imidazoline agonist moxonidine plus the ACE inhibitor ramipril in hypertensive patients with impaired insulin sensitivity: partners in a successful MARRIAGE?, Rayner B, Division of Nephrology, Groote Schuur Hospital and University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa. email@example.com
Referenties Triiodothyronine bij de behandeling van neuropathie
Maagdarmstoornissen: Candida infectie - Prikkelbaredarmsyndroom - Crohn - Colitus Ulcerosa - CVS/ME: Chronische vermoeidheid Syndroom - Diabetische complicaties: Bloeduiker stabilisatie - Neuropathie - Retinopathie - Nefropathie - Hart- en vaatziekten: Cardiomyopathie en Hartfalen - Hoge bloeddruk - Cholesterol verlaging - Aderverkalking (atherosclerose) - Spataderen - Levensverlenging: 100 jaren jong - DHEA - Melatonine - 65+ - Kanker: - Ondersteuningstherapie bij kanker - Bot en gewrichtsaandoeningen: - Artrose - Artritis - Osteoporose - Fibromyalgie: - Fibromyalgie - Urinewegaandoeningen: - Prostaatklachten - Blaasontsteking - Vrouwenklachten: Menopauze - Premenstrueelsyndroom - Overgewicht: - Overgewicht - SLIM - Oogaandoeningen: Staar - Slecht zien Andere artikelen: - HPU - Astma - Multiple Sclerose - Psoriasis - Depressie